At the October 1, 2022, meeting of the Bulverde Spring Branch Conservative Republicans (BSBCR), a "Resolution of a State of Disaster" was unanimously passed by the members.
"Many Texas counties and at least 1 city have issued disaster declarations relating to the invasion that Texas is undergoing. The state of Texas, however, has not declared an invasion - yet. These county & city declarations are gaining momentum across the state, with the goal to have Governor Abbott recognize and formally declare an invasion," BSBCR President Kaci Sisk said. "The BSBCR Political Action Committee (PAC) feels that as an Action organization it is incumbent on us to stand up, speak out, and exercise our right to be heard. The border crisis must be resolved. Since Washington will not protect our country from invasion, Texas must."
State Republican Executive Committee (SREC) Member Senate District 25, Chris Byrd stated, “This resolution is consistent with that passed by the SREC formally requesting such action on behalf of the Republican Party of Texas.”
Bulverde Spring Branch Conservative Republicans (BSBCR) Political Action Committee (PAC) is an independent PAC, not affiliated with any other PAC. BSBCR was formed in late 2020, and has over 300 active and informed members. The PAC's purpose is to equip, empower, and engage the community for active participation in the political process, to preserve our Judeo-Christian heritage, and grow conservative presence at all levels of government.
Resolution of a State of Disaster
WHEREAS, the health, safety, and welfare of Comal County residents are under an imminent
threat of disaster from the unprecedented levels of illegal immigration, human trafficking, and
drug smuggling coming across the U.S. border from Mexico.
WHEREAS, since January 2021, more than 3.2 million illegal aliens have been
apprehended after unlawfully entering the United States.
1. More than 800,000 illegal aliens have avoided apprehension while unlawfully entering the United States and remain unaccounted for within our nation.
2. So far this year, CBP has identified more than 50 known terrorists who have
unlawfully entered the United States through our unsecured border with Mexico.
3. The unprecedented amount of human trafficking, combined with the smuggling of fentanyl and other opioids infiltrating our border with Mexico has killed over 71,238 American citizens.
4. The sophisticated human smuggling and drug trafficking organizations that facilitate these criminal acts are spearheaded by violent international drug cartels who have operational control over our unsecured U.S./Mexico border.
WHEREAS, the ongoing immigration crisis on the Texas border is not acceptable, and has
resulted in a security threat and humanitarian disaster with overwhelming consequences to the
residents of Comal County and Texans, alike.
WHEREAS, on September 21, 2022 the Governor of Texas has identified certain cartels as terrorist organizations and has called upon the Biden administration to create federal terrorist designations for these cartels which have not occurred;
WHEREAS, the Governor of Texas has also directed The Texas Department of Public Safety and other law enforcement agencies to identify Texas gangs that support Mexican drug cartels:
WHEREAS many counties in Texas have determined that extraordinary measures must
be taken to ensure the protection of the health, safety and welfare of county residents.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED BY THE BULVERDE SPRING BRANCH CONSERVATIVE REPUBLICANS PAC:
1. That the aforementioned recitation of facts is hereby adopted as findings of fact
related to this resolution; and
2. That as a matter of law, the aforementioned facts constitute – among other things – an
invasion of the State of Texas as the term “invasion” is used in Article IV, Section 4
of the U.S. Constitution and in Article 4, Section 7 of the Texas Constitution; and
3. That pursuant to Section 433.005(a) of the Texas Government Code (Calling of State
Military Forces) and Article 4, Section 7 of the Texas Constitution (Governor as
commander-in-chief of military forces), this resolution hereby requests the Governor
of Texas as Commander-in-Chief of the military forces of the State declare the
existence of an invasion on its border with Mexico and take necessary actions to
preserve and protect the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Texas; and
4. That this resolution hereby requests the Governor of Texas to act under the
constitutional authority granted unto him under Article 4, Section 7 of the Texas
Constitution and Article 1, Section 10, Clause 3 of the U.S. Constitution and
immediately prevent and/or remove all persons invading the sovereignty of Texas and
that of the United States; and
5. That a state of disaster is be declared for all of Texas, pursuant to Section 418.108(a)
of the Texas Government Code; and
6. That pursuant to Section 418.108(b) of the Texas Government Code, the state of
disaster shall continue until rescinded by the governor; and
7. That pursuant to Section 418.108(c) of the Texas Government Code, the declaration of
a state of disaster shall be given prompt and general publicity; and
8. That this declaration hereby authorizes the use of all lawfully available resources and
authority granted under both the Constitution of Texas and the Constitution of the
United States; and
9. That this declaration shall take effect immediately from and after its issuance and shall
continue in effect until terminated by the Governor.
Be it furthered RESOLVED, a copy of this resolution be forwarded to the Chairman of the
Republican Party of Texas, the State Republican Executive Committee, and the Governor of the State of Texas.
DECLARED this 3rd day of October 2022.
This resolution is consistent with that passed by the State Republican Executive Committee (SREC) formally requesting such action on behalf of the Republican Party of Texas.